I feel so lucky to have met Elizabeth. I mean seriously, this lady is keeping me busy with work!
Now that her nightstands are finished I was able to work on the changing table for her sweet baby boy.
I had this dresser that I was wanting to eventually turn into a vanity/dry sink.
But when Elizabeth said she was looking for a changing table I had to let her have it.
Look at how pretty it is.
I loved the legs and the shape of this piece.
Oh, and the drawers were so deep they could hold a lot of diapers and baby clothes!
Now the dirty work....
I had to strip this piece since I wanted to distress it.
I used CitriStrip and the original paint and glaze literally came off in strips.
This was the easiest piece of furniture I have stripped.
I used two coats of primer and then I painted.
It's too cold to paint in my garage so I have to bring my work inside.
I really don't like working inside....
Notice that the legs are on my rug so this has to be an after paint picture....
there is NO way I paint on my floor. I really shouldn't be painting in my house.
I'm too messy and I always seem to step in paint.
Anyway, back to what I was saying....two coats of paint
If you look really hard you can see 49 stamped into the wood.
There were numerous 49 stamps on this piece
so I am thinking it was made in 1949.
I think it makes this dresser even cooler!
After two coats of paint (Lynchburg Estate Cream by Valspar)
I started distressing.
After distressing I sealed the changing table with two coats of poly
and I added some pretty green drawer pulls.
Once again, I had a huge brain fart and didn't take pictures
before I delivered it to Elizabeth...but you get the idea!