June 15, 2012

Red Dresser - Before and After

Okay, this was almost an "after" only blog post. Apparently, our computer got a little bug and ALL of my pictures are gone and I think I am in shock because I'm staying pretty calm. I'm going to my happy place.

The minute I saw this dresser I knew I wanted it! I love the legs and the casters.


There was some veneer missing so I filled it with wood filler. It looked great, until I painted and I could see every flaw. The bottom drawer had ripples in it, which I couldn't see until I painted it. In the end, I had to remove the veneer which I will do a how-to post on soon.






The color changes depending on the light.
The paint color is called Rose Dust, but I think it has hues of coral, and dark red. (It was actually an "opps" paint so this color may not true to the color swatch).
Gorgeous!!
The top was in good condition so I kept it natural and I lightly distressed the corners of the dresser and added two coats of wax. I also kept the original pulls.
I love this dresser! Do you agree?



Linking up to:


Tip Junkie handmade projects




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Liz Marie Blog
Too Much Time On My Hands

Here's to Handy Andy




Photobucket



I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!



31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dresser Helen and such a pretty color!! It does show a little coral through on my screen, it's quite unique!!
    I bet you love it even more after all that hard work removing veneer!!
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney! I've been wanting to paint something coral for a while now and I got kinda lucky with it. Months ago my husband brought home a gallon of "oops" paint from Lowe's for $5 and I wasn't a fan but now I am a super fan! Removing the veneer was easier than I expected which is always a plus. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty! love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deny, I really love the way the color and dresser turned out. My husband actually brought the paint home months ago because it was $5 in the "oops" section. I didn't like the color at first but then I came to my senses!

      Delete
  4. I agree. GORGEOUS. Great makeover.
    Candy
    PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dresser turned out great Helen! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful makeover, Helen! Congratulations on being featured at MMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi for breaking the news and making my night!!! : )

      Delete
  7. Great Job Helen!!! MMS featured you!!!!!!! Very excited for you!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I am super excited too! I never thought this would happen. Did you know you and I live in the same County??

      Delete
    2. Yes I figure that out a while back. I always keep a eye out for your projects, would love to meet you Helen. email me, Anne

      Delete
    3. I don't have a chrome account and can't find your email any other way. Feel free to email me at pickedandpainted@yahoo.com.
      I look forward to talking to you....maybe meeting up!!!

      Delete
  8. What a beautifully unique transformation - something tells me there will be a new craze all over the blogmosphere!!!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you drop by and follow back.
    Hugs
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from MMS. Its just lovely. I love when I when see something completely new come out so well - its a real inspiration. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful redo! Saw you featured at Miss Mustard Seed! Awesome! Would love if you stopped by my linky party to link up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! I like the color...
    Blessings...Betty @ Country Charm

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it also! Was the paint a flat or a satin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a satin. I rarely use flat because it isn't as easy to clean.

      Delete
  13. Such a beautiful transformation, you did a great job, so much so I featured it at Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party. I am now following you on Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that color!!!!! You did a great job with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i would love to include your dresser on a special feature i am doing, if this would be ok with you please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete